Countless individuals take public transportation in New York City, including Transit Authority buses. No one ever steps onto a bus expecting to be involved in a serious accident, but unfortunately, bus accidents are all too common in the busy city.
Drivers of cars, taxis and other vehicles who are reluctant to yield to buses cause a number of collisions. Bus drivers can also cause accidents due to inattentive or reckless operation of the vehicle. Anyone who has suffered serious injuries because of a public bus, school bus or tour bus accident can file a claim with the help of a personal injury lawyer from Jaroslawicz & Jaros.
Our award-winning legal team’s qualifications include the following:
- Over $2 Billion in damages recovered for our clients
- Hundreds of our clients have recovered $1 Million or more in compensation
- 300+ years of combined experience in personal injury
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 10.0 “Superb” Rating from Avvo
- Selected to Super Lawyers
If a bus or other public transportation vehicle caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, in order to obtain compensation, you must submit a Notice of Claim form with the New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA) within 90 days of the accident. This can be a quick and effective procedure, but only if it is performed correctly. Most people are unaware of the correct procedure for filing a claim and, as a result, many forfeit their right to compensation.
Consult with our personal injury attorneys in New York City as soon as possible after a bus accident so that they can file your claim with the NYCTA within the required 90 days after your accident.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation for both your past and future damages, including:
- Medical costs
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning ability
- Pain and suffering
Some of the various and many cases we have handled as against the New York City Transit Authority include:
- Letting a passenger off at a bus stop while the bus was stopped some distance from the curb and in front of a pothole.
- A bus suddenly struck a car in the rear.
- A bus striking a taxi and the taxi’s passenger suffering a traumatic head injury.
- An Access-A-Ride bus that struck a pedestrian as she was crossing a street.
- An Access-A-Ride bus that struck a car after going through a red light.
- A school bus striking a double-parked car causing the matron on the bus to fall and be injured.
Contact a NYC bus accident lawyer for more information on how we can help if you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident. For over 40 years, the lawyers at Jaroslawicz & Jaros have successfully represented many people who have been injured in various types of motor vehicle accidents.
You don’t have to face an overwhelming situation alone. We Have Recovered Over $2 Billion for Our Clients. The attorneys at Jaroslawicz & Jaros have obtained verdicts and settlements of over $1 Million for hundreds of our individual clients. With more than 300 years of combined experience in legal guidance and representation our New York City personal injury attorneys can represent you to obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury in a bus accident then you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and are in need of legal assistance, call Jaroslawicz & Jaros in New York. When you retain a New York City personal injury lawyer from Jaroslawicz & Jaros, you will always work directly with your lawyer, not a paralegal or secretary. We will always be available to you!
Contact the attorneys at Jaroslawicz & Jaros for a free legal consultation regarding your injury, your rights and your legal options. If we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis so you don’t have to worry about any upfront costs.