Elizabeth Eilender, of counsel to Jaroslawicz & Jaros, filed a lawsuit on behalf of a Bay Ridge teen who suffered electric shock at the pool she lifeguarded at this past summer. The lawsuit, filed in Brooklyn federal court, accuses Silver Gull Beach Club of negligence for failing to adequately repair the facility after it was damaged by Superstorm Sandy. In July, the teen girl stepped out of the pool and put her hand on the railing while simultaneously stepping on a charged metal plate situated on the ground just outside the pool. The combination of the girl’s wet hand and the metal plate caused electric shock to go through her body. A New York Post report of the incident explains, “Eilender said that the overall operator of the beach club, JBAY PLLC, has purposefully withheld information about the incident from them and told workers to clam up." Eilender continued that the pool’s negligence together with its withholding of pertinent information is “outrageous" and “disgusting."
Get the advice and guidance you and your family need
If you or a loved one has a been injured in an accident, contact us today for a free and confidential consultation. Call Jaroslawicz & Jaros in New York at 800.269.2780, or submit an online questionnaire. You can also email Abraham Jaros directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call his personal cellphone at 917.842.9544.