Do I Have A Case?
Found On This Page:
- 1 Do I Have A Case?
- 220.127.116.11 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Construction Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Catastrophic Injuries
- 188.8.131.52 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 184.108.40.206 Hazardous Products
- 220.127.116.11 Medical Malpractice
- 18.104.22.168 Life & Disability Insurance
- 22.214.171.124 Nursing Home Injuries
- 126.96.36.199 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 188.8.131.52 LEARN MORE
- 184.108.40.206 CONTACT THE FIRM
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as the result of another individual or organization’s misconduct, you may be eligible for compensation. Since its founding in 1980, the law firm of Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, has helped thousands of clients throughout New York City and surrounding areas recover over $1 Billion in damages in personal injury, construction injury, medical malpractice and insurance-related cases.
We have posted some of our actual case settlements and verdicts on our website and are proud to have secured hundreds of settlements and verdicts of more than $1 Million for our clients in cases involving car accidents, construction site accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice and other personal injury cases, including the largest verdict in New York of $44 Million for an injured construction worker.
When potential clients come into our offices for a free initial consultation, we discuss some basic information:
- What sort of injury occurred? Potential clients need to be very candid about what sort of injury has occurred. It is sometimes embarrassing to talk about medical issues, but attorneys at Jaroslawicz & Jaros are discreet and respectful professionals you can trust with your personal information.
- What sort of losses did the injury cause? Broken fingernails are technically an injury, but they are not something we typically recommend people file a lawsuit over because there have been no medical expenses, lost wages or other costs stemming from the injury. Our years of experience mean we have developed an understanding of whether an injury is worth filing a lawsuit over. We are very forthcoming with this information, and don’t sugarcoat our assessment. Some potential clients bring along copies of their medical records to their initial meetings, which is very helpful in answering this question since there are often complicating factors such as pre-existing conditions involved.
- Is the injury a direct result of the negligent actions of another individual or organization?
- Do you think that the individual or organization that is responsible for your injury has insurance coverage to compensate you for your injuries?
Depending on the answers to these questions, we can usually determine if a claim is viable and what next steps should be taken. It is important to contact an attorney as quickly as possible if you think you might have a case because there is a time limit called a statute of limitations running in most personal injury cases. If you wait too long to file the case, the statute of limitations may mean you will not be able to file a claim.
If you or a loved one was injured and needs legal assistance, call Jaroslawicz & Jaros at 917-842-9544 or submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date. Please call to ensure that you do not waive your right to compensation. Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION