How Do I Find The Right Lawyer For My Case?
Found On This Page:
- 1 How Do I Find The Right Lawyer For My Case?
- 220.127.116.11 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Construction Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Catastrophic Injuries
- 188.8.131.52 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 184.108.40.206 Hazardous Products
- 220.127.116.11 Medical Malpractice
- 18.104.22.168 Life & Disability Insurance
- 22.214.171.124 Nursing Home Injuries
- 126.96.36.199 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 188.8.131.52 LEARN MORE
- 184.108.40.206 CONTACT THE FIRM
Finding the right lawyer is one of the most important parts of filing a lawsuit. Your lawyer needs to be someone you trust completely because, to an extent, you are putting your case and your life in this person’s hands. So, how do you find the right lawyer to take on your case? Here are a few tips:
Ask for recommendations. You probably have a friend, neighbor or co-worker who has been in your situation before. What attorney did he or she use? Did he or she like working with that attorney?
- Look for someone who is experienced dealing with cases like yours. At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, we handle only personal injury cases. Because our practice is so focused, we have become experts in this area of law. We work hard to stay up to date with the latest rulings and cutting-edge tactics so that our clients have an advantage by having us on their team. Even if you have worked with another lawyer in the past for a different sort of legal issue and were happy with the legal work done, you should consider hiring a specialist who knows exactly what it takes to win a case like yours.
- Get a second (or a third or fourth) opinion. Most attorneys offer potential clients a free initial case evaluation. Take advantage of these offers and consider getting your case evaluated by multiple attorneys before you agree to hire any particular attorney. Think of an initial case evaluation as a test drive when you are considering buying a new car — there is no obligation to buy every car you test drive; it’s just a way to get more information so that you can buy the car you like the best.
- Go with your gut. If you are meeting with an attorney and you just feel in your gut that they are not the right attorney for you, don’t hire them! If you aren’t comfortable working with them now, you are probably not going to be comfortable working with them at all. By “uncomfortable,” we don’t mean that awkward feeling every initial meeting has where you are telling your medical issues to a complete stranger. We are talking about the feeling you get that this person can’t handle your case, or isn’t taking you seriously, or doesn’t seem to know what he or she is talking about and does not answer your questions to your satisfaction.
If you or a loved one was injured and needs legal assistance, call Jaroslawicz & Jaros at 917-842-9544 or submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call to ensure that you do not waive your right to compensation. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION