What Is My Case Worth?
Found On This Page:
- 1 What Is My Case Worth?
- 18.104.22.168 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Construction Accidents
- 188.8.131.52 Catastrophic Injuries
- 184.108.40.206 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 220.127.116.11 Hazardous Products
- 18.104.22.168 Medical Malpractice
- 22.214.171.124 Life & Disability Insurance
- 126.96.36.199 Nursing Home Injuries
- 188.8.131.52 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 1.1 What Type Of Damages Can Be Recovered?
- 1.2 Questions About An Injury Case? Contact Us Today.
The No. 1 question potential clients ask us is, “How much is my case worth?” It’s a tricky question to answer because every case, like every person, is unique. We don’t dodge this question or offer pie in the sky estimates just to get clients to hire us as some firms may do.
In order to come up with any type of reasonable estimate, we must first know the types of injuries suffered and then go over a whole list of factors to adjust our estimate, then compare the situation at hand to other cases we have handled.
What Type Of Damages Can Be Recovered?
At the core of most damage awards are “compensatory damages.” Compensatory damages get their name from the fact that they are designed to compensate injured parties for their specific injuries. Compensatory damages can include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages
- Awards for past pain and suffering and emotional damages
- Awards for future pain and suffering and emotional damages
- Any other concrete cost to the injured party that can be tied directly to the injury suffered
The amount of compensatory damages awarded is obviously going to vary from person to person because people are different ages, hold different jobs, and heal at different rates.
After discussing the types of damages available and adjusting them for the specific factors involved in the case at hand, we can then compare your case with others we have handled in the past. Since Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, was founded in 1980, we have helped our clients collect over $1 Billion in damages and have recovered over $1 Million for over 100 clients by either verdict or settlement. Click here to see a list of some of the settlements and verdicts we have achieved for our clients.
Questions About An Injury Case? Contact Us Today.
If you or a loved one was injured and needs legal assistance, call Jaroslawicz & Jaros at 917-842-9544 or submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery. In many cases, a lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call to ensure that you do not waive your right to compensation. Or you can email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION