- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
Elizabeth Eilender is "Of Counsel" to the firm of Jaroslawicz & Jaros. She is a graduate of Dartmouth College and New York Law School and has been litigating for twenty-six years.
Ms. Eilender concentrates her practice on serious Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases, Discrimination and Employment claims, Commercial Disputes, First Party Insurance Litigation (with an emphasis on improper coverage denials of life and disability insurance benefits by such carriers as UNUM Provident, Hartford and Metropolitan Life), Breach of Contract, Defamation (Libel/Slander), excessive force by police officers and Professional Malpractice including medical malpractice.
Ms. Eilender is also proud to represent brave scholar athletes who have suffered emotional and physical abuse by college coaches in actions and claims against the coaches and the institutions that condone and/or cover it up. See, Cooper v. Holy Cross, S.D.N.Y.13-CV-8064.
Ms. Eilender litigated the first sexual harassment case in New York which determined that the Commodities Exchange was a place of public accommodation and therefore the New York State Human Rights Law protected exchange members. D'Amico v. Commodities Exchange, 652 N.Y.S.2d 294, 235 A.D.2d 313, (1st Dep't 1997).
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Disputes
- First Party Insurance Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Defamation (Libel/Slander)
- Serious Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Professional Malpractice including medical malpractice
- Film company wants better ‘narrative’ from Harlem residents suing over deadly fire
- Celeb chef hit with $1.3M fine for serving metal wire in dinner
- How the politically connected control the New York court system
- MTA delays wrongful-death lawsuit for subway push victim
- Model trio hot – as in stolen: biz
- Elizabeth Eilender speaks to Good Morning America about action against NE Pats Star Aaron Hernandez and Florida shooting
- Elizabeth Eilender interviewed about sexual harassment/discrimination action against the New York Jets and former NFL Quarterback Brett Favre
- Elizabeth Eilender Represents NBA Star Tony Parker in Lawsuit Against NYC Nightclub
- Lifeguard Sues Pool for Negligence over Electrocution Incident
- New York, 1993
- New Jersey, 1992
- Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- JD - 1992
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- BA - 1989
- D’Amico v. Commodities Exchange, 652 N.Y.S.2d 294, 235 A.D.2d 313, (1st Dep’t 1997)