Get Help From A New York City Wrongful Death Attorney
Found On This Page:
- 1 Get Help From A New York City Wrongful Death Attorney
- 184.108.40.206 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 220.127.116.11 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Construction Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Catastrophic Injuries
- 126.96.36.199 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 188.8.131.52 Hazardous Products
- 184.108.40.206 Medical Malpractice
- 220.127.116.11 Life & Disability Insurance
- 18.104.22.168 Nursing Home Injuries
- 22.214.171.124 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 1.1 Work With A Law Firm Backed By Trial Success
- 1.2 Why Should I Pursue Legal Action For Wrongful Death?
- 1.3 Proving Negligence In A Wrongful Death Claim
- 1.4 You Have A Limited Amount Of Time To File A Claim In New York
- 1.5 Get Trusted Legal Representation In Your Time Of Need
An unexpected death in the family is a devastating experience. The sudden loss can leave loved ones with emotional suffering and heavy burdens. Sometimes, a death is caused by the wrongful or negligent actions of another individual. In these situations, it is important for the loved one’s survivors to take action in holding the negligent party responsible. With a wrongful death claim, families may hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. They can also obtain compensation to help with financial burdens and day-to-day challenges.
Work With A Law Firm Backed By Trial Success
If your loved one passed away because of another individual’s wrongful or negligent actions, you may be able to file a claim against that individual for damages. At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, we understand that this time in your life is difficult. We not only act as attorneys for our clients, but also as counselors and friends. Contact our firm as soon as possible and speak with an NYC wrongful death attorney about your case. Call 917-842-9544 today.
Our award-winning legal team’s qualifications include the following:
- Over $1 Billion in damages recovered for our clients
- Hundreds of our clients have received $1 Million or more in compensation
- 300+ years of combined legal experience
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 10.0 “Superb” Rating from Avvo
- Super Lawyers: Perennially selected to the NYC Metro List
Additionally, you can learn more about our firm by visiting pages such as:
Why Should I Pursue Legal Action For Wrongful Death?
The main purpose of filing a wrongful death claim is to get assistance during a difficult time brought on by someone else’s negligence. When an individual unexpectedly passes away, it can leave loved ones struggling with grief, heavy financial burdens and an uncertain future. A successful claim may help to alleviate some of this burden and allow you to focus on your family by providing you with financial relief.
Your claim may offer compensation for several burdens, including:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Loss of income/financial support
- Damages such as pain and suffering, and loss of comfort
- Funeral and burial expenses
Proving Negligence In A Wrongful Death Claim
One of the most important factors of a wrongful death claim is proving that someone is negligent for the death of your loved one. It is not always enough to know that someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior led to their death — you will have to prove it. You may have to prove several points to show negligence, such as:
- The party was negligent or reckless in their duties to the decedent.
- The party’s negligence or reckless behavior resulted in the decedent’s death.
- Others suffered because of the death of the decedent.
When an individual was negligent in their duties or contributed to your loved one’s death with reckless behavior, they may be held accountable. Establishing negligence could be the difference between a successful claim and an unsuccessful one. Do not face these tasks alone — consult a firm with more than 200 years of combined experience proving negligence in complex personal injury cases.
You Have A Limited Amount Of Time To File A Claim In New York
Many states have a statute of limitations that restrict the time in which individuals are able to file a wrongful death claim. In New York, you need to act within two years of the death to submit a claim against the negligent party. When you work with Jaroslawicz & Jaros, we can help you ensure that all necessary paperwork and evidence are collected in an efficient manner so that your claim is filed quickly. If you are eligible for damages, you can trust that our legal team will pursue the highest level of compensation available to you.
Get Trusted Legal Representation In Your Time Of Need
With the guidance of an attorney from Jaroslawicz & Jaros, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. Our team works diligently to provide our clients with peace of mind in knowing that all will be done to ease their burdens.
Fill Out A Free Case Evaluation Form
Learn About Preparing For Your First Attorney Meeting
The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. Please call to ensure that you do not waive your right to compensation. Or you can email Abraham Jaros directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ON THIS TOPIC:
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION