El Al Sued For Sexual Harassment
Found On This Page:
- 1 El Al Sued For Sexual Harassment
- 220.127.116.11 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Construction Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Catastrophic Injuries
- 188.8.131.52 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 184.108.40.206 Hazardous Products
- 220.127.116.11 Medical Malpractice
- 18.104.22.168 Life & Disability Insurance
- 22.214.171.124 Nursing Home Injuries
- 126.96.36.199 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 188.8.131.52 LEARN MORE
- 184.108.40.206 CONTACT THE FIRM
Posted on: June 22, 2016
By Dareh Gregorian | February 21, 2007 | New York Post
A mother of two says her boss at El Al Israel Airlines has been invading her airspace by grabbing her rear end, making crude comments and demanding oral sex.
“It’s not like I am asking you to sleep with me,” Clara Perez quotes her boss, Willie Licht, as saying in her Manhattan Supreme Court suit against Licht and the airline.
Perez’s suit says Licht – the head of El Al’s U.S. ground operations at JFK – sexually harassed her for four years, and then demoted her and cut her pay when she complained.
Between 2002 and 2006, the suit says, Licht, a married dad, harassed Perez by “requesting on numerous occasions that she perform oral sex upon him, grabbing her buttocks, accusing her of running a bordello, [and] accusing her of having sex with various pilots, passengers” and the company’s president.
He also was “inquiring in detail about the body of a female passenger who was required to be strip-searched,” the suit says.
“What an outrage. She worked there for years, got an Employee of the Year award, and then she gets demoted for turning down this guy’s demands for oral sex,” said Perez’s lawyer, David Jaroslawicz.
He claimed the airline’s response to her complaints had been to make “her life miserable.”
“She’s 15 years in and has two kids. She has no choice but to hang in there,” he said.
Perez, who was working at JFK last night, refused comment. A rep for El Al could not be reached.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION