Model Sues For Improper Use Of Her Photos
Found On This Page:
- 1 Model Sues For Improper Use Of Her Photos
- 184.108.40.206 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 220.127.116.11 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Construction Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Catastrophic Injuries
- 126.96.36.199 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 188.8.131.52 Hazardous Products
- 184.108.40.206 Medical Malpractice
- 220.127.116.11 Life & Disability Insurance
- 18.104.22.168 Nursing Home Injuries
- 22.214.171.124 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 126.96.36.199 LEARN MORE
- 188.8.131.52 CONTACT THE FIRM
Posted on: Jun 21 2016
By Dareh Gregorian | August 15, 2012 | New York Post
A model’s photo shoot for a high-class car company has been used to make her look like a low-class escort, she says.
In a lawsuit against the Ford Models agency, Volvo and Hertz, 30-year-old Carolyn Giles claims a photo taken for an ad for the Volvo S40 five years ago is now being used worldwide — including in an ad for a Volvo-sponsored dating event encouraging customers to “rev up your love life.”
“Most offensive is that plaintiff’s image has been used to make it appear she may be an escort, with extreme and sexual and inappropriate connotations and innuendos such as ‘spend a night with a Swedish model of your choice’ next to plaintiff’s picture,” says the $23 Million suit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court.
“It’s like an old ad in the Yellow Pages for an escort service,” fumed Giles’ lawyer, David Jaroslawicz. “It doesn’t leave a lot to the imagination.”
Giles told The Post, “If it was an ad for lingerie or a swimsuit, that’d be more understandable — but it’s a picture of me fully clothed in a car.”
The picture was taken in 2007, when she was working for Ford Models. She was paid $1,800 for the Volvo S40 shoot.
Then the brainy beauty found the pic was being used in Web and print ads including for different Volvo cars and Hertz car rentals.
Volvo did not respond to a request for comment, while reps for Ford Models and Hertz said they had no comment.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION