Sexual Abuse & Assault
Found On This Page:
- 1 Sexual Abuse & Assault
- 18.104.22.168 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 22.214.171.124 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Construction Accidents
- 188.8.131.52 Catastrophic Injuries
- 184.108.40.206 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 220.127.116.11 Hazardous Products
- 18.104.22.168 Medical Malpractice
- 22.214.171.124 Life & Disability Insurance
- 126.96.36.199 Nursing Home Injuries
- 188.8.131.52 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 1.1 New York’s Sexual Abuse and Assault Law Frim
- 1.2 What is Sexual Abuse or Assault?
- 1.3 Factors that lead to Sex Abuse
- 1.4 Take Action Now – Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation.
New York’s Sexual Abuse and Assault Law Frim
Oftentimes victims of sexual abuse and assault feel ashamed, embarrassed, depressed and blame themselves for what they had no control over. These types of crimes are some worst imaginable, as they are emotionally and mentally devastating to the victim. Women and children are typically the most frequently abused by sexual predators, although men can be victims as well.
There have been some very high-profile cases involving doctors, professional and college athletes, celebrities and Hollywood types that have pushed the predators out of the shadows and brought to justice.
If you or a loved one have been sexually abused or assaulted, you have a tough decision to seek a civil lawsuit. If you are considering your options, you should contact the highly skilled attorneys at Jaroslawicz and Jaros for a free and confidential consultation to discuss the details of what you experienced.
What is Sexual Abuse or Assault?
There are varying degrees of New York State’s definition of sexual abuse. In general terms, sexual abuse is defined as when a person subjects another person to sexual contact without their consent or ability to consent. In some cases, the victim is unable to consent to the sex acts, due to being incapacitated, mental illness or a handicap, or unable to consent to due to age.
The definition covers unwanted or nonconsensual touching, fondling, and kissing, but also includes:
- Forced or coerced penetration, oral sex or sodomy
- Showing children explicit images
- Exposing children to pornography or sexually charged language
- Taking inappropriate photos of a child for personal use or distribution, or requesting that a minor send them these types of photos
- Revealing of one’s private parts
Factors that lead to Sex Abuse
There are many factors that lead to sexual predators to take advantage of their victims. Cases of abuse typically involve an inappropriate use of power, and several factors can contribute:
Authority – sexual predators are oftentimes those who hold some sort of position above their victims, such as:
- Boss or Manager
- Teacher or Counselor
- Clergy Member
Coercion – young adults, teenagers and even children, along with those who are disabled or have a mental handicap can be easy targets for sex abuse.
Age – sexual predators all too often victimize children and young adults.
Physical Size – a larger person can exert themselves and abuse a smaller person, based on fear and intimidation.
Victims and their families can come forward to take legal action against their abusers. The first step is to get the advice and guidance from an experienced law firm, to understand your rights and options on how to proceed with your case. The attorneys at Jaroslawicz and Jaros will always treat you with dignity, respect and compassion.
Take Action Now – Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation.
If you are in need of legal assistance, call the attorneys at Jaroslawicz & Jaros at 917-842-9544, or you can submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is always free of charge, fully confidential and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery.
At Jaroslawicz & Jaros you will always be able to contact and speak to your attorney and not just to secretaries or paralegals. You can contact and speak to Abraham Jaros on his cell phone at 917-842-9544 or email him at email@example.com.
ON THIS TOPIC:
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION