Workplace Sexual Harassment
Found On This Page:
- 1 Workplace Sexual Harassment
- 188.8.131.52 Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 184.108.40.206 Mass Transit, Airplane & Maritime Accidents
- 220.127.116.11 Construction Accidents
- 18.104.22.168 Catastrophic Injuries
- 22.214.171.124 Slip-And-Fall Accidents
- 126.96.36.199 Hazardous Products
- 188.8.131.52 Medical Malpractice
- 184.108.40.206 Life & Disability Insurance
- 220.127.116.11 Nursing Home Injuries
- 18.104.22.168 Sexual Abuse & Harassment
- 1.1 New York’s Sexual Harassment Attorneys
- 1.2 Know Your Rights
- 1.3 There are Many Types of Sex Harassment:
- 1.4 Take Action Now – Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation.
New York’s Sexual Harassment Attorneys
Sexual harassment comes in many forms and can be both verbal and physical in nature. These unwelcome sexual advances, requests or demands for sexual favors are oftentimes made in the workplace. The verbal harassment can be in form of emails, text messages or jokes of a sexual nature.
The harasser is oftentimes a person with authority in the workplace or office, such as a manager, supervisor, boss, although it could be a coworker or colleague. Victims of sexual harassment can experience these very unpleasant advances at school or in another public setting.
All too often victims of sexual harassment feel embarrassed, ashamed, or fear of losing their job or a promotion if they speak up. With some high-profile cases that have involved celebrities, professional and college athletes, doctors and regular people, we are finding that more and more victims are willing to take action to stop the abuse and seek justice. The #metoo movement has transformed the stigma related to victims of abuse.
If you have been a victim of sexual harassment or any abuse in your workplace, school or otherwise, you should contact the attorneys at Jaroslawicz and Jaros for the advice and guidance you need. As you consider your options, we will help guide you through many tough decisions and with our experience, can help maximize your compensation.
Know Your Rights
If you’re being sexually harassed at work or anywhere else for that matter, you don’t need to suffer in silence or worry about facing retaliation if you come forward. Enough is enough – sexual harassment is illegal and should not be endured by anyone.
New York State’s and Federal law protect employees against unwelcomed sexual advances, innuendo or jokes, as well as demands, retaliation and hostile work environments. If you have experienced any of these, contact our law firm today for a free and confidential consultation to understand your rights and options.
There are Many Types of Sex Harassment:
- Sex Harassment can come in many types of unwanted or desired:
- Sexual advances or innuendo
- Request or demands for sex – Quid Pro Quo
- Sexist behavior
- Sex related jokes and comments
- Criminal sex behaviors- abuse, assault or coercion
- Unlawful touching, groping or fondling
- Sexual intimidation or bribery
In New York there are varying degrees and definitions of sexual abuse. In general terms, sexual abuse is defined as when a person subjects another person to sexual contact without their consent or ability to consent. In some cases, the victim is unable to consent to the sex acts, due to being incapacitated, mental illness or a handicap, or unable to consent due to age.
The definition covers unwanted or nonconsensual touching, fondling, and kissing, but also includes:
- Forced or coerced penetration, oral sex or sodomy
- Showing children explicit images
- Exposing children to pornography or sexually charged language
- Taking inappropriate photos of a child for personal use or distribution, or requesting that a minor send them these types of photos
- Revealing of one’s private parts
Sexual harassment victims can come forward to take legal action against their harassers, employers and perhaps other entities that have turned a blind eye or fostered this type of environment. The first step is to get the advice and guidance from an experienced law firm, to understand your rights and options on how to proceed with your case. The attorneys at Jaroslawicz and Jaros will always treat you with dignity, respect and compassion.
Take Action Now – Contact Us Today for a Free and Confidential Consultation.
If you are in need of legal assistance, call the attorneys at Jaroslawicz & Jaros at 917-842-9544, or you can submit an online questionnaire. The initial consultation is always free of charge, fully confidential and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery.
At Jaroslawicz & Jaros you will always be able to contact and speak to your attorney and not just to secretaries or paralegals. You can contact and speak to Abraham Jaros on his cell phone at 212-227-2780 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON THIS TOPIC:
ABOUT OUR APPROACH
A Trusted New York Resource With More Than 300 Combined Years of Experience And over $1
Billion Recovered For Our Clients
CONTACT THE FIRM
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION