Call or email to schedule a FREE consultation.
Free transportation can be provided.

Slip and fall accidents are very common, especially in public places. Under an area of law known as premises liability, victims injured in slip and fall accidents have the right to recover financial compensation for their damages if they can prove certain legal elements, including that the incident was preventable. At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, we understand that premises liability claims can be very complex and that they can involve a lot of elements. The type of accident, property where the accident occurred, who the victim was, and other factors can greatly influence the outcome of a case. Whether or not you will be able to file a slip and fall claim is a decision that can only be made by reviewing your unique situation. Firstly, consider where the slip and fall accident occurred. Most commonly these types of incidents happen at:

  • Grocery and retail stores
  • Apartment complexes
  • Nightclubs and bas
  • Sports stadiums
  • Amusement parks
  • Private properties

You will also need to consider the nature of your accident and whether you were lawfully permitted on another’s property. Generally, slip and fall accident claims will be hinged on proving that a premises owner was liable for your damages. Proving this will involve demonstrating the following:

  • You were lawfully on the property as a visitor, guest, or worker (licensee).
  • The owner of the premises had a legal duty to make sure their property was free from preventable hazards.
  • The premises owner failed to take reasonable steps to make sure visitors were safe.
  • You suffered injuries as a result of a premises owners’ actions/inaction.

Again premises liability claims involve a lot of complicated legal issues, which is why the best way to determine if you have a viable claim is to discuss it personally with an experienced lawyer. At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, our NYC injury attorneys are ready to review your case during a FREE consultation.

Contact our firm today to discuss your case.