For over 45 years, the lawyers at Jaroslawicz & Jaros have successfully brought hundreds
of motor vehicle negligence cases involving serious injuries suffered by drivers, passengers and pedestrians. We have
handled cases involving a wide variety of motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, forklifts,
snowmobiles and all other types of motorized vehicles. The firm of Jaroslawicz & Jaros has successfully litigated
cases at all levels of the state and federal courts for injuries caused by the negligent use of motor vehicles.
Once the firm of Jaroslawicz & Jaros agrees to handle your case, our attorneys and staff will be prepared
to take your case through the trial level as well as through all appeals that may be necessary.
Some Of Our Verdicts And Settlements
We have recovered over $2 billion for our clients collectively, and we have recovered
over $1 Million for hundreds of our clients. And our client
testimonials speak for themselves. Below are some of our motor vehicle accident case results involving serious
injuries, for which our firm was able to obtain substantial recoveries:
- $6 Million verdict for a young man who suffered a leg injury when the car he was a passenger in
lost control and hit a tree.
- $4.75 Million settlement for a woman who was struck by a car while crossing the street and
suffered a head injury.
- $2.9 Million settlement for a young woman who suffered injuries when her car turned over in a
- $2.85 Million verdict for a woman who injured her neck and back in a car accident.
- $2.7 Million settlement for a young man who sustained a head injury in a car accident.
- $2.05 Million verdict in motor vehicle accident for a fractured leg and multiple surgeries.
- $2 Million settlement for a woman who injured her neck and back in a car accident.
- $1.5 Million settlement for a man who was hit by a bus while crossing the street and suffered
an ankle injury.
- $1.2 Million settlement for a young woman who suffered head injuries while standing waiting to
cross the street and was struck by a truck.
- $1.2 Million settlement for the estate of a motorcycle driver who was fatally injured in an
intersection collision with a private ambulance that was responding to a call.
- $1.2 Million settlement for a young man who suffered a leg injury in an accident while riding
- $950,000 settlement for a 51-year-old woman whose arm was fractured in a collision.
- $800,000 settlement for a man who was injured when he was hit by a box that fell off of a
Our Successes Have Helped Shape The Law
Jaroslawicz & Jaros wrote the brief and argued before the highest court in the state of New York — the New York
Court of Appeals — that helped define and develop the law in the case of Flynn v. Manhattan & Bronx Surface Transit
Operating Authority, Court of Appeals of New York, 61 N.Y.2d 769; 461 N.E.2d 291; 473 N.Y.S.2d 154. The court found
that the injured party had established a prima facie case of negligence against the bus owner in a personal injury
action and that there was evidence from which the jury could have concluded that the bus owner was negligent in
failing to equip the bus with a side mirror.
Jaroslawicz & Jaros was successful in settling a case for $1.2 Million on behalf of a young lady who was injured by
a tractor-trailer in the case of Kruger v. Salem Leasing Corp., 90 CV 0049, United States District Court for the
Eastern District of New York; December 30, 1991; Decided, January 14, 1992; Filed. The court found that summary
judgment was precluded in a personal injury action because a genuine issue was raised as to whether the
tractor-trailer driver acted reasonably when he drove the tractor-trailer knowing that the throttle spring had not
Learn More About Your Rights
You should be aware that if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you have two different sets of rights: You
have a right to receive no-fault payments for your medical bills and lost earnings and a separate right to sue for
your pain and suffering if you have suffered a serious or permanent injury. For more information on your rights
under the New York No-Fault Law, see the complete article written by Abraham Jaros of Jaroslawicz & Jaros entitled
“Automobile No-Fault Law in New
The reason it is called “no-fault" is because when you are hurt in a car accident it does not matter even if you
are 100 percent at fault; it does not matter if you are the driver or passenger in an automobile, or if you are a
pedestrian. So long as you are injured by a motor vehicle in New York, and if it is not a motorcycle and you are not
drunk or on illegal drugs, you are entitled to receive no-fault benefits.
However, in New York, if you wish to be compensated for your pain and suffering, you may only do so if you have
suffered a serious or permanent injury as it is defined by New York’s No-Fault statute.
Each case is fact-specific, so how much you recover depends on three factors:
1) What is the total amount of insurance coverage available? How much insurance does the other car’s driver have?
Is there what is called “underinsurance" on your insurance policy?
2) What is the liability? In other words, who was at fault for the accident?
3) Regarding the extent of your injuries, how badly were you hurt and is it considered to be permanent?
All of these factors have to be taken into account and dealt with by your attorney in trying to maximize your
recovery. That is why this type of personal injury
litigation often requires that multiple experts be retained to properly support the case, including experts to
prove liability, who would be persons with expertise in fields such as accident reconstruction, as well as doctors
such as orthopedists, neurologists, radiologists, pain management and rehabilitation experts who can explain the
extent and severity of the injuries to the court and jury.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident and think you may have a case, it is important for you to retain a
law firm that has the experience in the field, as well as the financial ability to retain the proper experts to both
consult with and to testify on your behalf should your case proceed to trial.
Don’t Wait | Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has had a car, truck, bus or any other motor vehicle-related accident that has resulted in a
serious physical injury and is in need of legal assistance, call Jaroslawicz & Jaros in New York at
212-227-2780 or toll free at 800-269-2780, or fill out our
online questionnaire. You can also email Abraham Jaros directly at email@example.com.
The initial consultation is free of charge, and if we agree to handle your case, we will work on a contingency fee
basis, which means we get paid for our services only if there is a monetary recovery of funds. In many cases, a
lawsuit must be filed before an applicable expiration date, known as a statute of limitations. Please call to ensure
that you do not waive your right to compensation.
Contact us For A Free Consultation